The street is a dangerous place. Even the pavement is dangerous. Plenty of opportunities for mortification; you’re better off staying at home.
Here are some common offenders:
- The little jig you are forced to do when you come head to head with an another pedestrian
- The crack in the pavement that trips you up. You check around to make sure no one has noticed/deliberately tripped you up, before glaring down at the offending crack as if waiting for an explanation, or at least an apology
- Bird poo – enough said
- Crossing the road and a car speeds up in your direction. You pretend not to notice, or care, but do a little nervous scurry to the pavement stifling an involuntary squeal
- Getting caught checking out your reflection in a car/shop/bus window (the shame)
- Speed walking to catch a bus that’s about to pull out of the stop and then pretending you don’t really care that it left without you
No? Just me?